my favorite glues

that's right, I'm writing a blog about some of my favorite glues to use with paper!

In no particular order:

Yes! Paste- comes in a jar, you spread it out with a brush onto what you are gluing. Works great for pasting things flat. I'm pretty sure its archival and acid free.

Elmer's Craft Bond- clear glue, dries clear. Sets what you are gluing in place pretty fast. I've been through bottles of this!

Scotch permanent glue sticks- acid free, spreads well. If you get it on the table (or other surface you are working on) it cleans up easily.

Liquitex (Gloss or Matte) medium - I prefer this to mod podge. I think for the extra couple of dollars it's worth it. The smell is less harsh and it's great for sealing things as well as pasting things flat (just be careful of wrinkles).
-Although, Mod podge is good for sealing things as well!

Sobo glue- a thicker bottled glue, comes out white but dries clear. Great for use with matboard and gluing fabric. It is also good with paper so long as you spread the glue out.

Rubber cement- I like it. However, it's not archival or acid free. You have to use it in a well ventilated area. The upside is you can get a pick up eraser to remove it once it has dried and a solvent to make it a little more usable.

Glues I don't have any luck with:
-the double stick tape pens, I've broken two and I can't figure out how to use them correctly. However, maybe it's just me.
-Liquid glue sticks, I normally just make a mess.

if anyone has anymore glue recommendations just let me know!!

Comments