Crockpot Chicken Tacos

For Christmas, my boyfriend's mother gave us a sweet gift card to Bed, Bath and Beyond. We decided to use it on buying a large Hamilton Beach Crockpot for our various slow cooking needs.

I made this delicious Crock Pot Mexican Style Chicken last night and it's super easy to make!

Ingredients:

1. 3-4 boneless chicken breasts (thawed).

2. A jar of your favorite salsa, I used a medium chi-chi's chunky (8 oz. size jar).

If you don't have salsa on hand...I'm sure a can of tomato paste, chopped onions, peppers and a dash of salt would work just as well.

Directions:

First, rinse chicken and pat dry with a paper towel.

Second, Put chicken in your crock pot and pour your salsa in. Use a spoon to make sure the chicken is coated with salsa.

Check your crock pot's cooking settings, I cooked the chicken on the low setting for four hours.
Next, I shredded the chicken with a fork and then cooked on low for thirty minutes so the chicken could absorb more of the salsa.

Serve with warm tortillas, lettuce, tomato, low fat sour cream and cheese. My boyfriend added hot sauce to his.

I think this chicken would also work well for baked enchiladas with mole sauce, corn tortillas and cheese.
Let me know if you try my recipe out! :)

Comments