Sunday Brunch: Cinnamon Challah French Toast



So a couple of days ago when Jason and I went to the store to buy some groceries, I squealed with delight when I saw they had Challah Bread at the bakery. Jason was just as excited when I told him I would be making him French toast with it.

His response to my french toast: "This is the best breakfast ever."
...and it's SUPER easy to make!

What you need (ingredients):
-Challah Bread, I sometimes substitute wheat bread if Challah isn't available.
-Cinnamon Sugar
-Eggs
-Pam or Other Non-stick pan spray of your choosing
-Maple Syrup

1. Slice your Challah into bread size pieces. I cut six pieces (about half the challah). Set aside.
2. In a bowl, scramble 4 eggs.
3. Spray your pan with your Non stick spray and get it hot. On our electric stove, I had the heat setting at 7 out of 10.
4.Dip bread into egg mixture, then sprinkle cinnamon sugar on your piece as you place the piece in your pan. Let is sizzle/cook until the egg coating is cooked on both sides. Take it out and set aside on plate.
5. Spray non- stick spray and repeat step four until you've cooked all your pieces!
6. Pour some maple syrup onto your French Toast and watch your boyfriend (or husband, wife, baby momma, cousin, sibling, children, grandparents, etc.) go wild over how good challah French Bread toast is!

You could totally top this off with some fresh fruit too! YUM! Happy Sunday! :)

Comments