Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Crockpot Cooking: Lasagna!
One of my many favorite things to make in my Hamilton Beach Crock Pot is Lasagna!
It's really easy to make and easily adaptable.
What you need:
-One Box of Uncooked Lasagna Noodles.
-Your favorite Tomato Sauce, I use two jars.
-Bag of Low Fat Mozzarella cheese.
-One Container of Low Fat Ricotta or Cottage Cheese (depending on your liking).
-Protein of choice, Ground Turkey or Veggies work great!
- 1/4 cup of water (optional)
1. Cook your veggies (or meat) on stovetop and set aside. Create a mixture of your Mozzarella and Ricotta (or cottage) cheese.
2. Place a small layer of tomato sauce at the bottom of your crock pot.
3. Next, add a layer of your uncooked lasagna noodles. You can break them to find within your Crock Pot dish.
4. Add the mixture of your Ricotta and Mozzarella to the noodles then add your choice of protein.
5. Place a layer of sauce on top.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 until you have mostly filled your Crock Pot.
7. Make sure the top has a good layer of sauce, add 1/4 cup of water to make sure sauce is saturating the noodles. (This step is optional but helps the top layer of sauce not "dry out").
8. Cover top of the Lasagna with Mozzarella. Set your Crock Pot to the "High" setting and cook for two hours.
Let the lasagna cool and little and serve with fresh Parmesan cheese on top!
Tell me if you try this recipe out. :)