Seven Days of Thanks


Fall Inchies, 1 inch by 1 inch, marker on bristol. 2013.



You know that somewhat obnoxious facebook trend going on right now?
The one where everyone magically decides to brag, I mean describe all the things they're thankful for... with one thing for each day of the month.

The majority of things listed on my feed are ridiculous and materialistic.
I've seen people "thankful" for money. MONEY! Money... you get my drift.

Although, not all of the things listed in the seven days of November have been terrible.
Some of my girlfriends have wrote really wonderfully heartfelt messages to their families, children and husbands.

I've had another friend write that she was thankful for Bacon, Olive Garden Breadsticks and Thin Mint cookies. I'll admit that hers is my favorite list so far. I can only imagine what next food item makes the cut.

It's not that I'm jealous or bitter, but so far the month of November has been very trying for me physically and mentally.

So here are my thoughts on "Thankfulness" for the first seven days of November.



My number one, I am thankful for my husband.

Part of me feels like many people would assume that this goes without saying but Jason is always there for me when I need him without me even having to ask. On Sunday, I got into a car accident and I was very upset. I put the key into the lock of our front door only to have him to swing open the door and hug me. That hug was just what I needed, no words just happy that I was okay.

I usually find it super cliche when people say their partner is their best friend but he really is, there is no one else I'd rather spend all my time with. I'm incredibly thankful for all the moments I share with him.



Number two, I am thankful for our little boy.

This is the first time that I've announced I'm pregnant on my blog and I'm almost 29 weeks. We're having a little boy and we're incredibly excited. I'm thankful as of right now that he is healthy and growing as he should. I can't wait to meet him.



Number three, I am thankful for a space to create.

It's a small space (and this photo is from april) but I'm incredibly lucky to have a place where I can sit down and make things. Now, if I could only have the energy to clean it and make some art very soon.



Number four, I am thankful for my family.
This easily ties with number one. ;)

I am lucky to have a family who not only supports me and loves me but are super great to be around.



Number five, I am thankful for good food.

I'm happy that my husband enjoys my cooking and that we have food to eat.
I'm thankful for the comfort food can bring mentally as well.



Number six, I am thankful for my dogs.

Max and Mason are protective, funny and good companions. I cherish them even when Max is in one of his crazy moods.


Red Balloon, ATC, traded.

Number seven, I am thankful for human kindness.

I love those small moments where someone waves or smiles to a stranger to tell them to have a nice day.
I appreciate the people who open a door for me when my pregnant self is struggling.
I enjoy seeing people help the elderly put their groceries into their cars, just because.
I adore seeing good deeds and people paying it forward.

Are you participating in this Facebook trend?
What are you thankful for friends?

Comments

Unknown said…
I am grateful for you!!
mim said…
I'm not participating on Facebook although a friend is posting some lovely, thoughtful thoughts. But here, on your blog with your terrific thankfuls, I'll tell you this:
What I am thankful for everyday is that I'm aware of how lucky I am, how wonderful my life is and has been.
Thinking about you and your little boy often these days. So happy for all of you.