Things I'm excited to do Post-Pregnancy



In case you don't already know this, there are a lot of things you're not suppose to do or consume while pregnant.

While I don't eat most of things that you're not suppose to eat anyway, there are a few I missed indulging in.
Like the following food and drinks:

1. Dirty Chai Lattes...which I sometimes like refer to as the nectar of the Heavens.
For those who don't know what this is, let me explain it. It's a latte made with Chai Tea, some sort of milk (I prefer soy) and shot(s) of Espresso.

I drank way too many of these in Grad School...judge away.
I avoided these throughout my entire pregnancy because of the caffeine content.

2. Raw Fish. Specifically, I mean Sushi and raw Ahi Tuna.
One of my favorite meals is from a local place that does an Ahi Tuna Salad and I prefer the fish to be half-way pink.

3. Feta Cheese. I love Feta Cheese, but avoided it like the plaque all through my pregnancy.
It was really sad to turn down Greek food all the time. My parents know all the best restaurants to get it.

I generally avoided soft cheeses in general because of possible bacteria, so even Brie was out of the question for me. I plan to splurge on some soft cheeses in the very near future.

4. I didn't really miss alcohol.
However, I do like the idea of being able to start having a glass of Red wine again when in the mood to do so.

Other things I missed during my pregnancy:

1. Being able to sleep on my back.
During pregnancy, you're suppose to sleep on your side because sleeping on your back could cut off the baby's oxygen flow (yes, this a real thing).

The whole concept is scary.

2. Yoga and Pilates.
I did both during the first part of my pregnancy and even took Pre-natal Yoga... but it started to become a chore because many of the exercises have to be adjusted so it's safe for both mom and baby.

3. Attending Concerts.
After a certain time in my pregnancy, I attempted to avoid anywhere with busy crowds and lots of noise.
Mainly because, I didn't want to startle my little guy.



**********

This little boy is still worth missing all of those things above.

For those wondering, he still is in my womb.
We're starting the induction process tomorrow and if he's not here by Monday morning, we will be officially induced then at the hospital.

**********

Mommas, care to share anything you missed during your Pregnancy?
Non-Mommas, care to share anything you miss when dieting/during lent/etc?



The Grits Blog

Comments

The Grits Blog said…
WOW! That's one list. I don't know what I would do without sushi and wine...I guess I will have to figure it out! My husband and I are trying for one now.

Good luck with everything tomorrow!!!

Thank you for stopping by and linking up!
Noor Unnahar said…
You're so near , I'm getting excited to meet your little bud ;) I drink tea A LOT, it's a different one where you mix tea leaves with milk and sugar and brew it .
Kendwy Valdez said…
Sushi was one of mine also! I used to eat the cooked one! Haha
I missed sleeping on my stomach and being able to breath when sitting down :) but yes, these kiddos are worth it!
Areeba said…
Can't wait to see your little boy soon! Oh no cheese? :/
Ethan Romero said…
Thank you for bbeing you