Have you seen BravoTV's Southern Charm?

Oh Bravo TV, you know how to bring the drama.

From the network that brought you the Real Housewives and the Millionaire Matchmaker comes the newest reality show to hit the south...

Southern Charm





"New series Southern Charm goes behind the walls of Charleston, South Carolina's most aristocratic families to reveal a world of exclusivity, money and scandal that goes back generations. The fast-paced, drama-filled docu-series follows six Charleston singles, Craig Conover, Cameran Eubanks, Jenna King, Thomas Ravenel, Shepard “Shep” Rose, and Whitney Sudler-Smith, struggling with the constraints of this tight-knit, posh society. The cast, some descendants of Vice Presidents and four-term Senators, and others from "new money," is comprised of Southern bachelors who suffer from "Peter Pan Syndrome" by refusing to settle down; and the women in their lives who challenge them to grow up. Viewers will see them launch political careers, build businesses, break hearts, and chase true love -- all while struggling to preserve their family names. Because in Charleston, you're only as good as your last garden party and one social screw-up can taint generations to come." -BravoTV.com

Last night, I live tweeted during the episode to let the world wide web know some of my thoughts on these character's big personalities.



My thoughts on the show...

Whitney is fascinating but why is he so needy?! In earlier episodes, he needs a woman's touch picking out all of his outfits and he has an extremely strange relationship with his mother. In the fourth episode, he mentions his relationship is like that of the character Norman Bates in the Alfred Hitchcock movie Psycho.

Kathryn is a trainwreck. Half of the things she said, I questioned if it was really for TV or if she was that oblivious to her actions. She's extremely immature for dating a 50 something year old man and really the whole "three guys in three weeks" situation, trashy. I did feel bad that all her dirty laundry was aired out at Thomas' dinner party. I did admire her strength to stand up for her decisions.

Thomas definitely reminds me of the typical "Southern Gentleman". I would love to see him find love but I'm not sure if I see it with Kathryn. I can see Thomas being the next contestant of The Bachelor. They could even film it in his own gorgeous home.

I adore Craig. He seems to be the most genuine out of the cast.

Jenna, oh Jenna...what is up with that hair? In the promo photos of the show, I loved that haircut on you but why do you constantly touch your hair? It drove me nuts. I do enjoy the fact that the show, shows a girl in the south with her own balls to the walls fashion sense. She's wearing black in almost every scene (if not every) and she designs gloves. However, Jenna I could do without the catty mean girl comments towards everyone else other than Cameran.

Cameran, I admire her go-getter bubbly personality. I think Bravo TV could have a spin-off just of her own adventures.

Last but not least, Shep reminds me of the type of guy I envision when I think of Charleston, SC. The all-American boy with a killer smile.



My favorite quotes from last night's show:

"It's not fun telling someone they have food in their teeth but they'll thank you later." -Craig

"I'm not going to talk about that at the dinner table, that was my great grandfather's dinner table!" -Thomas



Would I watch this show again?
Probably. I'm a sucker for a catty reality TV show.



Have you seen Southern Charm?





Disclosure: This post was a part of a Sverve campaign. I was not compensated for this post, all opinions are honest and my own. #SverveChat #SouthernCharm

Comments