My Fashion Habits...

I love reading fashion blogs but I don't consider myself to be a "Fashion Blogger" with these habits of mine...



My outfits tend to have many layers. I’ll put a sweater or shirt overtop of my dress—probably not showing the dress to it’s full potential. I’m known for mixing patterns and prints that just do not go together.

I hate styling my hair because it’s a massive ordeal every time. Thick. Coarse. Frizzy. An out of control, mess.

I wear old man sweaters that are usually thrifted. My vintage Cosby sweaters from Polo, Lacoste and Saks are my favorites. My husband doesn’t think the baggy-ness does my body any justice. So I just end up looking like a bag lady.

•At one point, I spent more on makeup/beauty products than I did on clothes. Junior year of college my beloved roommate Jess pointed this one out…as she used some of my Chanel powder and Lancome lipstick before we went out dancing.

I wear my clothes till they fall apart. Jeans have to be full of holes; t-shirts’ fabric has to be worn thin. Stitching has to become unraveling to even think about throwing away any loved items.

•While I have lots of accessories, I never organize them well so I tend to wear the same ones over and over again. I have been wearing pearl stud earrings practically for weeks now.

I am definitely not one to win the Selfie Olympics. If I did any Outfit of the Day posts often they would be a hot mess! My pale skin always seems so washed out. I take awkward photos and I don’t have fun backgrounds/props to pose with outside. #LetMeTakeASelfie

•If I could, I would wear a zipper hoodie, skinny jeans and v-neck tshirts everyday. How exciting. Maybe even spice it up with a tunic dress and some leggings.



What's in, in the Fashion world, is really in the eye of the beholder anyway.

What are some of your Fashion Habits?



The Grits Blog


Comments