It's just hair.

I feel like hairstylists can get a bad reputation easily.

Because sometimes when you go in to get a color/cut/trim, you and your hairstylist are not speaking the same language.



Yesterday morning, I went to get a haircut. I just wanted to trim an inch off the bottom and have my hair thinned because I have the thickest hair ever and it becomes an unbearable volume on top of my head.

Within ten minutes, the inch I had asked to be cut off the bottom became four inches and I now had a whole chunk of layers added to my hair. I re-thought of the conversation I had with the stylist:

Stylist: "So what are we doing today?"
Me: "An inch off the bottom and could you please use thinning shears to thin it out?"
Stylist: "Sure, let's get your hair shampooed."

She had me tilt my head down most of the time she was cutting.
She cut my hair in record time anyone has ever cut that much off my head.

I went from long straight hair to a choppy bob.

I don't hate it, it's just not what I wanted/asked for.
I always am that friend that reminds you "It's just hair and that'll grow back," after you tell me you hate your new haircut. It's going to take some time to get used to when I wanted to keep my hair long.

I'll keep telling myself, it's just hair, afterall.

Happy Sunday!



Comments